Grupong Kul
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Grupong Kul

The forum of computer wizards

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to Create your own addons for nLite and WPI

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alfred007
Alfred007

How to Create your own addons for nLite and WPI Empty
PostSubject: How to Create your own addons for nLite and WPI   How to Create your own addons for nLite and WPI Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:54 pm

How to make your own addons
----Alfred007

What do you need?
-WinRar 3.x (For me i use 3.Cool
-Your Windows on your PC (For me its XP)
-Universal Silent Switch Finder(Google it)
-UltraISO as the sample program(UltraISO 9.3 is what we will use for now)
-nLite Addon Maker(If you want to integrate the addon with nLite)

Creating the silent installer:
1. Run USSF(Universal Silent Switch Finder) and browse for the ultraiso.
2. Dont close it. Just copy the text in the "Usage" textbox.
3. RightClick on ultraiso and click "add to archive...".
4. You'll see the the winrar window..Check the "Create SFX Archive". In the Compression Method, select "Best" so that it will save some space.
5. In the "advance" tab(the next tab) click SFX Options and you will see "Advance SFX Options" Window.
6. Type in the "Path to extract" %temp% so the installer will be extracted in a temporary folder.
7. In the "run after extraction" Paste what you have copied a while ago in the USSF window.
8. In the "Modes" tab in the silent mode, check Hide All and it will make your installer silent.
9. In the Update Mode in the "update" tab, make sure you check "Extract and replace files" and in the "overwrite mode" check "overwrite all files"
9. Click OK, then ok again.
10. To test your installer just double click on it. It should have installed your UltraISO Silently!..

Creating the addon with nlite addon maker:

1. Make sure nLite Addon maker is installed. Right Click on the folder that contains the addon we've created.
2. nLite Addon Maker Window will then appear. In the compression level, choose Ultra. Now Locate the addon. In the description, create a meaningful description of your addon.
3.Then Click "Make File". save it with a meaningful Filename...
4. Your addon is now created!!!
5. Now you can integrate your addon with nLite!!!

Notes:
Your silent installer can be used with WPI(not the addon created wih nlite addon maker) directly..without using any silent switches because it is already silent.

Your silent installer also can be integrated directly into your windows setup source without using nLite Addon Maker and nLite. Just put your installer in i386\svcpack folder of your source and edit the i386\svcpack.ini file.
In the svcpack.ini, just add the filename of your silent installer just below the [SetupHotfixesToRun] part of the file. Dont forget to save it after you edit it.

example:
=======================
[SetupHotfixesToRun]
UltraISO933.sfx.exe
=======================
This is called the "svcpack.ini" method of adding apps into your windows setup..
Thats all the basics that i know about creating your own addon.

======================
Alfred007

Here is the ebook i made:

There are pictures in the ebook so no need to worry if you are not sure what to do.
Back to top Go down

How to Create your own addons for nLite and WPI
Page 1 of 1